How To Add Web Pages To Safari Reading List Of Other Browser – Safari is the default browser OS X, but actually, most users prefer other browsers that have more features. While in iOS Safari is not unbeatable in terms of speed, one very useful feature is the Reading List. Serves as a temporary place storage of web pages that will be read later.
There is actually an Add To Reading List service, but it has never worked. For those who use other browsers and want to keep using the Reading List, follow this tutorial.
What will be done is to create a new Service OS X using the Automator
- Run Automator, is in the Applications folder.
- Select the Service document type
- On the right side, select Service receives selected: text in any applications
- On the left of the search input, type Apple, an AppleScript Run will appear.
- Move Run AppleScript to the right.
- Delete the existing code, replace it with this add2readinglist.scpt script.
- Save Service that has been created.
- The service will appear in the Application Name menu> Service. Its name depends on what you have saved in the previous step.
To start sending a page from a browser or other app, simply select the URL (for example in the Address Bar), then select the applications menu> Services. Eat, the URL will be instantly added to the Reading List Safari.